This is the day the Lord has made so…
I will rejoice and be glad and be assured in emphasizing these 5 facts:
1. THE Lord (the Lord above all lords) is my Shepherd
2. the LORD (“Yehovah” – “the existing One”) is my Shepherd
3. the Lord IS (now, in these circumstances and this day) my Shepherd
4. the Lord is MY (not just my momma’s and my preacher’s) Shepherd
5. the Lord is my SHEPHERD (provides for and guides me because I am His) * (Ps.23:1)
Oh, sheep, know thy Shepherd. The Good Shepherd is too compassionate to be cruel and He is too wise to be irrational. His ways are not the epitome of men’s frustrations and anger with one another nor the outworking of men’s legalisms. (Excerpt from “Sheep Have Short Legs” book by Marty Gabler)
As the people of God assemble today, may they realize afresh that they are purchased with the precious blood of Jesus and may they be fed by the enabling of the Holy Ghost which is upon the overseers of the church of God.
“Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.” (Acts 20:28, KJV)
Safety is not in the multitude of prophesies and visions and revelations. Safety is in the multitude of counselors (Prov.11:14). There are “sheep” who don’t believe they need the flock and certainly don’t need a shepherd because they have a multitude of visions and prophecies. We call those sheep “wolf food”.