Fear Deep in Subconscious
(Melissa G.) I’m going to break it down into some real life situations so you can see just how this DDF (Due Diligence Fear) sneaks in. Here are some examples:
– “This is EXPECTED in this situation, this has to happen… it’s just life!”
– AGE RELATED ISSUES/DISEASE: by “this age ___” you can expect “this” to go wrong.
– FAMILY GENETICS: This disease is in our bloodline.
Breaking it down even more. Due Diligence Fear says:
– “It’s too good to be true” it’s better to err on the side of expecting nothing good to happen so that I won’t be disappointed when it never does.
DON’T LOOK AT IT – YOU’LL SPOOK IT!!! (please tell me I’m not the only one who has thought
– “WHAT IF” this particular fear seems to keep you from getting hurt or dying. I may as well act as IF this thing could happen so I can prevent it from happening. This one’s a real stinker!
DDF happens when something touches a fear buried in our subconscious, a fear never dealt with that lies dormant in the dark. Once that fear is stimulated it prompts the DDF mode to try and keep that fear from manifesting. It feels like something I MUST DO to survive!
One of the biggest issues with this kind of fear is thinking it is wisdom. We must see the difference between wisdom and fear, and how do we do that? By first, and foremost, understanding GOD DOES NOT GIVE US THINGS TO FEAR! We must learn to realize that the issue is fear, and stop concentrating on what the fear is about.
(This is the third excerpt from Melissa Gabler’s article “Due Diligence Fear“. More excerpts will be posted Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.)